Curt is the President and Executive Producer / Director for Troupe America, Inc. He graduated from Luther College with a degree in Speech and Theater with an emphasis in Directing and went on to receive a M.F.A. in Directing from the University of Iowa.
Mr. Wollan is the recipient of the Twin Cities Drama Critics Circle “Kudos” Award in Directing and is listed in Who’s Who in America and American Entertainment.
Mr. Wollan is also the Executive Producer/Director of StageWest Entertainment, Inc. and the Summer Hit, The Medora Musical.
Past Directed National Tours
- A CHRISTMAS CAROL
- THE 1940′S RADIO HOUR
- MR. PICKWICK’S CHRISTMAS
- BIG RIVER
- PUMP BOYS AND DINETTES
- DRIVING MISS DAISY
- STEEL MAGNOLIAS
- OIL CITY SYMPHONY
- ON GOLDEN POND
- Stephen King’s GHOST STORIES.
- 3 national tours of FORBIDDEN BROADWAY with Big League Theatricals of New York
- 3 tours of Dylan Thomas’ A CHILD’S CHRISTMAS IN WALES
- 5 tours of Victor Herbert’s classic BABES IN TOYLAND
- World premier tour of SCHOOLHOUSE LIVE! Based on ABC’s Emmy Award winning cartoon series.
Other Directorial Projects
- National tour of THE GIFTS OF THE MAGI with the Lamb’s Theater Company in New York
- THE ODD COUPLE (starring Jamie Farr and William Christopher)
- MOON OVER BUFFALO (starring Gavin MacLeod)
- HANK WILLIAMS: LOST HIGHWAY (starring Jason Petty)
- THE SUNSHINE BOYS (starring Dick Van Patten and Frank Gorshin)
- SAME TIME NEXT YEAR (starring Mackenzie Phillips and Adrian Zmed)
- COTTON PATCH GOSPEL (starring Gary Sandy) at Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium.
Productions In the Twin Cities Have Been Seen At
- Chimera Theater Company
- Children’s Theater Company
- The Venetian Playhouse.
Since 1979, his work has been seen most frequently at the Plymouth Playhouse where he produced and directed such long-running hits as A DAY IN HOLLYWOOD / A NIGHT IN THE UKRAINE, PUMP BOYS AND DINETTES, DIAMOND STUDS, A CLOSER WALK WITH PATSY CLINE, COTTON PATCH GOSPEL, the regional premier production of NUNSENSE, HOW TO TALK MINNESOTAN THE MUSICAL, and I LOVE YOU, YOU’RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE. http://www.plymouthplayhouse.com/